NW Elixirs GrassFed Beef Chili
This recipe will make enough Chili for you to enjoy for 2-3 days depending on how many people you are cooking for. The recipe was just something I put together while on this eating clean journey I started about a three weeks ago.
16 oz. Ground GrassFed Beef
1 Tbsp Olive oil
8 oz. Yellow Onions, julienne
2 oz.Jalapeno, split and sliced thin
8 oz.Cremini Mushrooms, sliced thin
1 10 oz, can Diced Tomatoes
1 8 oz can Kidney Beans
6 oz. Red Bell Pepper, diced
6 oz. Celery, sliced thin
2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
1 tsp Cloves, ground
2 Tbsp Salt
1 Quart Bison Bone Broth (in the nutrition section of your local grocery store)
2 Fl. Oz. Buffalo Trace Whiskey
2 Tbsp Jubal’s 92.5 Hott Sauce
- Heat oil in medium sauce pan.
- Add ground beef, cook until browned then add spices stir to combine and remove from pan; set aside for later.
- Add onions, cook until slightly borwn.
- Add remaining mushrooms, and stir to combine with onions and cook slightly.
- When the little brown bits start adding up on the bottom of the pan, deglaze with whiskey and stir until whiskey has completely reduced.
- Add remaining vegetables and stir to combine. Allow to cook together for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and kidney beans, again stir to combine and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the Bison Broth and bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn off heat, and serve over your choice of quinoa, rice, potatoes, yams, or whatever starch you’d like. You can also just eat this beautiful creation on its own as a soup.
- And don’t forget to top each bowl of goodness with Jubal’s 92.5 Hott Sauce created by NW Elixirs.